7 Kerala Girl's Battalion NCC
Inception and Brief History
The NCC unit, exclusively for the girl cadets of Sree Kerala Varma College, commenced in the year 2000 with a minimum strength of 44 girl cadets under the able stewardship and leadership of Smt.Susheela Menon. This unit started functioning under 7 Kerala Girl's Battalion NCC, Thrissur of the Kerala and Lakshadweep Directorate.
In 2013, Chithra P S of the Department of English took charge of this unit. She successfully completed the Pre-Commissioning Course at Officers Training Academy, Gwalior receiving two Commandant’s Certificates of Merit and securing an 'A' grade, and was commissioned as a Lieutenant.
Salient Features of this Unit
- Total strength of 108 cadets spread over three years.
- Cadets are given intensive training in order to appear for the 'B' and 'C' certificate examinations in the second and third years respectively.
- Cadets are given an opportunity to attend various camps at the state level as well as the national level including Republic Day Camp [RDC], Tal Sainik Camp [TSC], National Integration Camp [NIC], and Annual Training Camp.
- They are given a chance to take part in Adventure Based Learning camps including Mountaineering Expeditions and All India Trekking Expeditions.
Cadet Achievements and Annual Reports
Training Year: 2017- 18
1. Divya P. R. - Basic Mountaineering Course, Uttarkashi
2. Amrutha P. S. - All India Girls Trekking Expedition - Nilgiri Trek - 2017
3. Anusree George - All India Girls Trekking Expedition - Nilgiri Trek - 2017
4. Reshma. V - Cash incentive award given by Cadet Welfare Society for becoming the second best cadet in NCC - Ernakulam Group.
International Day of Yoga - 21 June 2016
The cadets enthusiastically participated in performing different yogasanas. The principal Prof. Latha C. M. inaugurated the event in the VVR Auditorium of Sree Kerala Varma College and witnessed the yoga performance by the cadets. A total of 49 cadets which is close to 70% of the total cadet strength presently enrolled in the college participated, highlighting the fact that the cadets have realized and imbibed the usefulness, spirit and value of this ancient science.
Swachta-Pakhwada for the year 2016-17 under Swachh Bharat Mission and observance of International Youth Day - 12 August 2016
The NCC cadets of Sree Kerala Varma College, Thrissur enthusiastically participated in Swachta-Pakhwada for the year 2016-17 under Swachh Bharat Mission.
1. Cadets taking the Swachta Pledge.
2. Cadets undertaking a cleaning drive in the college campus.
3. Swachta Awareness Talk by Bimili C M, JUO on International Youth Day.
Independence Day Celebrations - 15 August 2016
Independence Day celebrations were held in Sree Kerala Varma College. The principal hoisted the tricolour and distributed sweets on the occasion.
The Principal, on behalf of the cadets of 7 Kerala Girls Bn NCC, SKV College, honouring the Chief Guest - Parukutty Teacher - 88 years old.
Kerala CM Jana Samparka Paripadi - 04 June 2015
Our cadets were called by the Thrissur District Collector to participate as volunteers in the Chief Minister’s Mass Contact Programme. They rendered their service to the public very enthusiastically which was appreciated by one and all.