|NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)|
National Service Scheme is a community service programme sponsored by the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Govt. of India. National Service Scheme is a student – centred and community oriented educational programme. It is a noble experiment in academic extension.
The NSS Symbol is embossed on the badge. The eight bars in the wheel represent the 24 hours of a day. The red colour indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit. The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
With the motto ‘Not me but You’ National Service Scheme volunteers of Sree Kerala Varma College, Thrissur are always socially committed. From safeguarding the environment to social service, they have become the icon of ideal citizens. This the first unit that came to existence under Calicut University with the unit code KL01/106 . Presently there are two nss units in Sree Kerala Varma namely Unit 41 and unit 162.
|OBJECTIVES OF NSS, SKVC UNIT|
i. Understand the community in which they work
iv.Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility
vi. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of
1) 5/6/17,June 5th world environment day,Drawing competition and short film fest-inter college,Making of Dasapushpa Garden,Book-food fest
2) 6/6/17,Short film fest-Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School
3) 14/6/17,Blood donation day, Blood donation, stem cell awareness class and stem cell collection
4) 22/6/17,Making of library at seva sadhanam Orphanage
6) 24/7/17,Visited Athirappilly smile village rehabilitation centre and orphanage and provide study materials, cloths etc.
7) 5/8/17,Sustainable development, marathon, swaraj round
8) 15/9/17,Forwarded collected fund to the organisation for the differently abled named "SOLACE"
9) 26/9/17,Conducted farewell ceremony for old NSS program officer
10) 1/10/17,International day of older persons; Volunteer duty for "Vayo mithram" programme
11) 2/10/17,AMHA-autism-awareness class
12) 7/11/17,NSS day celebration
13) 16/11/17,"Vayo mithram" Survey
14) 1/12/17,AIDS day-Awareness rally-Red ribbon group
15) 7/12/17,"Jeevithamanu lahari"; Awareness class, anti-Drugs club
16) 20/12/17,Swatch bharath awareness class and competitions
17) 21/12/17,Drishya Eye checkup camp
18) 3/2/18,Paper pen and paper bag making
|COLLEGE LEVEL ADVISORY BODY|
Prof. C. M. Latha, Principal
Prof. Bindu R, Ex Mayor Thrissur Corporation, Associate Professor in English
Prof. Johnson Mangalam- Punarjani De addiction Centre, Associate Professor in Philosphy
Prof.Geetha , In charge of the visually challenged, Associate Professor in chemistry
Prof .A. K Ravikrishnan ,NAAC Co-ordinator , Associate Professor in English
Prof. K. Ramakrishnan, Former Programme Officer, HOD, P.G.Department of Political Science,
Dr. T D Simon , Former Programme Officer, Assistant Professor,Department of Economics
Shri .Ravunni, Councillor, Ward no.25, Thrissur Corporation
Shri. Sarath , NCC Officer
Shri. Sangameswran , Non-teaching staff
Sri. Sunitha, (Adopted area representative)
Antony Jose,Student Volunteer
Amruth Anilkumar,Student Volunteer
Aleena Thomas ,Student Volunteer
Silpa C.S,Student Volunteer
Sanjay Krishna Student representative
Akshy N.G, Student Volunteer
Athul Haridas , Student Volunteer
Akshatha A.S, Student Volunteer
Sajana Sajayan, Student Volunteer
Sajil T.S, Student Volunteer
Renjith M.R, Student Volunteer
Anadhu Suresh, Student representative
NSS unit donating study materials and dresses to underprevilaged people of Ssmile Villege at Athirappilly.
Wednesday noon meal ready to distribute among poor people of Thrissur City. Every Wednesday, more than 150 meals are distributed.
Gandhijayanthi Celebrations in the adopted village Kanattukara in association with social forestry department Thrissur